Pictured Are: (Front Row) Shannon Laurin, Mat Pat Katsilas, Lorraine Karloff (Warden). (Back Row) Basil Ghawi, Ron Laurin (Assistant Warden), Fr. Constantine Katsilas, Alison Von Bodenhausen, John Karloff (Treasurer).
The Parish Council is co-responsible with the rector for the health & vibrancy of the parish. Working together they drive & inspire growth, change & development to fulfill the parish’s total mission as a Christian community.
Practical Ramifications :
- Stands in the stead of the parish community
- “Parish Council” – not “Board of Trustees”
- Parish Council is NOT solely involved with the material/ “temporal”
- Priest is NOT solely involved with “spiritual”
- Led by the priest -- collaboratively
- The Priest presides over Parish Council; fully participates in decisions; has final approval of decisions
- Priest runs parish council & parish meetings unless he chooses to turn chair over to an appropriate leader.
- Consensus, whenever possible, is the desired approach to decision making.
From : http://www.ocadwpa.org/webinars.html ARCHDIOCESE OF PITTSBURGH and WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA – Parish Development Webinars – The Ministry of the Parish Council –Session 1
|Mailing Address||Email & Phone|
The Rev. Fr. Constantine Katsilas
St. John the Divine Orthodox Church
1094 Drouillard Road
Windsor, ON N8Y 2P8
519-258-8668 (Please leave message)
If you need to contact Fr. Constantine, please call the church phone number and leave a message. He will return your call.
Otherwise, you may email him, using the form below.